Monday, June 29, 2009

Dry Run


Deep into the heart of a 150 mile bike ride in Colorado this past weekend I snapped this photo. What you can see is incredible scenery, a smooth road, and a wide shoulder. The temperatures were perfect and the wind was light. Traffic was virtually non-existent. The bike and body performed well in the thin mountain air. I wondered whether I would be so lucky to have these conditions on the upcoming ride for Outer Banks Wildlife Shelter. I wondered whether the sweet smell of cottonwood leaves would still fill the air. I wondered raptors would still be soaring overhead and hunting from power lines. And I wondered whether songs of meadowlarks would still be there to pull me up another hill when the only other sounds would be moving bike parts and my heart pumping through my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment