Sunday, February 10, 2013

P4W2 Day 36 Stretching for the Atlantic III Laurinburg - Wallace, NC 102 miles

Last night I spoke to my boss and his wife, Jeff and Christine Buckel.   They had a novel idea to drive down the road to meet me, and then one of them hop in the truck while the other let me draft off of them for my second-to-last day on P4W2.

This turned out to be a great idea.  Jeff and Christine, thank you!   When they first met me, I felt like....well, a picture is worth a thousand words.  Either over-eating the night before (another 5000 ish calorie dinner) or the four waffles, five cups of OJ, and two cups of coffee this morning were not sitting well with me.
We ditched the four paniers in the truck - suddenly I was 60 pounds lighter! And I drafted off of Jeff and Christine for essentially the rest of the day.  That really helped to take the bite out of the east wind that confronted us all day long.   We crossed numerous cypress swamps and blackwater creeks traveling southward towards the long meandering coastlines of the Carolinas.  We made several pleasant rest stops along NC Highway 41, which has now taken me fully into the Carolina coastal plain.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment